Reliable and corrosion-free double-walled hopper.
SALES - SERVICES - PARTS | Phone: (973) 347-1101 Fax: (973) 347-0064 | Hours: Mon - Fri 7:30am to 4:30pm
Western Tornado Spreader
The TORNADO spreader is available in 7- and 8-foot lengths, with 1.5-, 1.8- and 2.5-cubic yard capacities.
Corrosion Free Hopper
The one-piece double-walled hopper is built of durable polyurethane for corrosion-free performance, whether using rock salt, calcium chloride, sand or any other type of de-icing material
Western Tornado Spreader Video
Overlapping Poly Hopper Covers
Overlapping poly hopper covers protect de-icing materials by sealing out moisture. The lids also keep material out of the bed of the truck when filling up the hopper. Molded grooves in the dome shaped lids also assist in directing water away from the hopper.
Open Poly Hopper Covers
Standard top screen breaks up large material chunks for better flow, minimizing the possibility of material jamming as it exits the spreader.
Open poly hopper covers protect the truck bed from material overflow during loading into the bed of the truck when loading.
Dual Electric Motors
- Independent motors give you complete control of how much material is delivered and spread pattern
- One motor controls the conveyor for rate of material delivery
- The other controls spinner speed and spread pattern
- Electric motors mean reliable startup, quiet operation and low maintenance
Steel Pintle Chain Conveyor
- Industry proven steel pintle chain provides smooth, consistent material flow
- Stainless steel housing provides strength and reliability
Adjustable Feed Gate
The fully adjustable feed gate lets you regulate material flow to you and your customer requirements.
Spinner Chute Assembly
- Extra large 15½” polyurethane spinner disc provides long-lasting corrosion-free performance.
- The height of the entire assembly can be adjusted in two different positions, for use on both pickup and flatbed trucks, and can be easily removed for off-season storage.
- Molded handles for easy removal.
The entire unit is easily removable, and, with its chute removed, the unit stands on end to save storage space during the off-season. Support blocks required for off-vehicle storage
Variable Speed Control
The variable speed control, coupled with the electrical system, features self-diagnostics, with LED’s that indicate to the operator in the vehicle cab how the hopper is running, for example, whether or not the hopper is empty or running at higher than normal amperage.
- Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) is standard to meet FMVSS requirements
- Molded handles and built-in tie-down loops for strapping unit to truck
- Chute housing includes molded alternate license plate location
- Wiring harness includes an accessory wire for optional work light
- Inverted-Vee Kit helps reduce bridging material, and reduce start-up load on the drive train
- Work Light Kit provides better nighttime visibility to rear of spreader
- License Plate Light Kit illuminates alternate license plate area
- Vibrator kit helps keep material moving as it should, further eliminating the possibility of material bridging
Have any questions? Give us a call at (973) 347-1101 or use our handy contact form.
Use our Quick Match Service:
QuickMatch is a selection guide that easily identifies correct Western® snowplow options for a vehicle, based on a vehicle's unique specification - Click here to start.
Remember- Think Snow, Think West Chester.
Have any questions? Want to know how much Western Snowplows cost? Give us a call at (973) 347-1101 or use our handy contact form.
West Chester Machinery – Your Dust Control Water Truck, Snow Plow Equipment
and Construction Supplies Headquarters in NJ.